English Name: eucommia bark
Pharmaceutical Name: Cortex Eucommiae
Medica Category: Yang-Tonifying Herbs
Properties: Du Zhong enters the Kidney and Liver channels; it is sweet in nature and warm in temperature.
What is Du Zhong?:
The Chinese Herb Du Zhong is the bark of the Eucommia tree (aka hardy rubber tree– Eucommia ulmoides Oliv.), which is cultivated in Guizhou, Sichuan and Shaanxi provinces in China for its latex-like, rubbery sap as well as for its bark, which is harvested in strips from relatively mature trees in the spring. The strips of bark are sun-dried and can either be used unprocessed or be salt-fried for use as medicine.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Therapeutic Actions of Du Zhong:
Du Zhong (especially salt-fried) tonifies the Liver blood and Kidney jing (essence) and strengthens sinews and bones to address lower back pain and soreness in the knees. Paired with Xu Duan, it heals broken bones and speeds the repair of strained tendons and ligature (by increasing blood flow).
Du Zhong calms the fetus in cases of Liver and Kidney deficiency to address restless fetus, bleeding, and potential miscarriage.
Du Zhong tonifies Kidney yang to address reproductive and urinary disorders such as impotence and polyuria.
Du Zhong (dry-fried without salt) has been used in China to treat hypertension successfully, an effect attributed to its dilating blood vessels.
Use with caution in cases of yin-deficient fire.
Showing 1–16 of 19 results
Plum Flower – Yao Tong Pian
$29.00Add to Cart
- Du Huo Ji Sheng Tang – Solitary Hermit – Liquid Extract (Tincture)Starting at $10.89 Add to Cart
- Duhuo Jisheng Wan – Solitary Hermit – Min Kang BrandStarting at $8.99 Add to Cart
- Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan – Gastrodia and Uncaria Extract – Kingsway (KGS) brand – (OUT OF STOCK)Starting at $6.99 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Return to Spring Teapills – Huan Shao Wan
$23.00Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Eucommia Combination Tablets (Du Zhong Pian)
$24.80Add to Cart
- Plum Flower – Solitary Hermit Teapills – Du Huo Ji Sheng WanStarting at $19.23 Add to Cart
- Plum Flower – Tian Ma Gou Teng TeapillsStarting at $20.03 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Fertile Fields (Fu Ke Zhong Zi Wan)
$21.60Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Gecko Tonic Teapills – Ge Jie Da Bu Wan
$24.20Add to Cart
- Tian Qi Du Zhong Wan – Tienchi Ginseng & Eucommia CombinationStarting at $7.99 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Right-side Replenishing Teapills (You Gui Wan)
$28.40Add to Cart
- Huan Shao Tan Tang – Lyciium – Liquid Extract (Tincture)Starting at $10.89 Add to Cart
- Solstice Medicines – Fu Ke Zhong Zi Wan$9.59 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Tian Ma Teapills (Gastrodia Teapills)
$32.00Add to Cart