What is Rehmannia Six Formula – Liu Wei Di Huang Tang
Liu Wei Di Huang (Rehmannia 6) is one of the most important formulas in Chinese Herbal Medicine, and it is used to nourish the energies of the Kidney Yin and Liver Yin. It is often used in menopause, fatigue, menstrual irregularities, and insomnia. People who have Kidney and Liver Yin deficiency have some or many of the following symptoms:
- Weak or sore knees
- Lower back pain or weakness
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear, occasional or frequent)
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Nocturnal emission
- Frequent urination
- Flushed face/cheeks
- Insomnia with waking throughout the night
- Night sweats (For severe night sweats, please see Da Bu Yin Wan, also in this category)
- Blurry vision or worsening vision
- A feeling of heat/feverishness in the afternoon or evening
- A feeling of heat in the palms and soles
Chinese herbs work differently from Western drugs – they help clear the root of the problem. Often these herbs work better if taken for some time, depending on the severity and length of symptoms
** This formula can be helpful for pets (dogs or cats) with Kidney disease or urinary incontinence
Shake Well before each use.
Maintenance Serving: Dissolve 1-2 droppers (1/2 tsp.) in warm water or juice 2-3 times daily.
Augmented Serving: Take 1 full tsp. 2 to 3 times daily in warm water or juice or as directed by a qualified herbalist familiar with the use of Chinese herbs and formulas.
To evaporate alcohol place in hot water.