Ban Lan Gen
Alternate Pinyin Name: Bei Ban Lan Gen
English Name: isatis root
Pharmaceutical name: Radix Isatidis
Medica Category: Heat-Clearing and Toxin-Eliminating Herbs
Properties: Ban Lan Gen enters the Heart and Stomach channels. It is bitter in nature and cold in temperature.
What is Ban Lan Gen?:
The Chinese Herb (Bei) Ban Lan Gen is the dried root of the isatis plant (Isatis tinctoria L.), originally native to Northern China and India, but now cultivated in the West as well. The roots are harvested in the autumn, sun-dried, and sliced for use as medicine.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Therapeutic Actions of Ban Lan Gen:
Ban Lan Gen has excellent properties to clear heat and remove toxins from both the exterior and interior layers of the body. It cools the blood (which helps reduce fever), benefits the throat, and eliminates toxins from the body.
–clinical notes: Nan Ban Lan Gen is the root and rhizome of Baphicacanthus cusia (native to more southerly parts of China) and considered to be of inferior quality to (northern) Bei Ban Lan Gen in its potency (source: www.americandragon.com)
Showing 1–16 of 17 results
- Ban Lan Gen – Isatis Root ExtractStarting at $6.45 Add to Cart
- Plum Flower – Pe Min Kan WanStarting at $23.83 Add to Cart
- Lung & Throat Lozenges by Golden Lotus HerbsStarting at $9.99 Add to Cart
- Triple Immune Support – by Bravo TeaStarting at $5.99 Add to Cart
- Pe Min Kan Tang (Allergy Relief) – Liquid Extract (Tincture)Starting at $10.89 Add to Cart
- Ban Lan Gen (Isatis Root) – Liquid Extract (Tincture) – (SPECIAL ORDER – Allow 10 – 14 Days to Ship)Starting at $10.89 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Universal Benefit Teapills (Pu Ji Xiao Du Wan) – (SPECIAL ORDER – Allow 10 – 14 Days to Ship)
$25.40Add to Cart