English Name: myrrh
Pharmaceutical Name: Myrrha
Medica Category: Blood-Invigorating and Stasis-Removing Herbs
Properties: Mo Yao enters the Heart, Liver, and Spleen channels; it is bitter in nature and neutral in temperature.
What is Mo Yao?:
The Chinese Herb Mao Yao is myrrh, a yellow to reddish-brown gum resin that seeps out of the commiphora tree (Commiphora myrrha Engl.) when tapped. It has been used medicinally in middle eastern and ayurvedic medicinal traditions for thousands of years and is believed to have been introduced into TCM in the 7th century.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Therapeutic Actions of Mo Yao:
Mo Yao activates blood circulation and relieves pain with qi and blood stagnation at its root. It is commonly used (often together with Ru Xiang (frankincense)) to treat stomach and epigastric pain, amenorrhea and menstrual pain/cramps, musculoskeletal pain, and pain and bruising from traumatic injury.
Mo Yao is used externally (together with Ru Xiang (frankincense)) to reduce swelling, relieve pain, and enhance the healing of chronic, non-healing sores and ulcerations.
Contraindicated during pregnancy.
Showing all 14 results
- Xiao Huo Luo Dan – Circulyn Extract – Kingsway (KGS) BrandStarting at $6.99 Add to Cart
- Zhuang Gu She Xiang Zhitong Gao – Pain Relieving Plaster PatchStarting at $6.00 Add to Cart
- Jin Gu Die Shang Wan – Restor NexStarting at $6.49 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – The Great Mender (Jin Gu Die Shang Wan)
$26.60Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Red Vessel Teapills – Huo Luo Xiao Ling Wan
$23.80Add to Cart
- Yao Tong Ling – Safflower & Drynaria Combo – (OUT OF STOCK)Starting at $7.99 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – China Tung Hsueh Pills
$36.20Add to Cart
- Solstice Medicines – Xiao Huo Luo Dan$9.59 Add to Cart
- Ru Jie Xiao – Women’s Breast Maintenance Formula$6.99 Add to Cart
Plum Flower – Great Invigorator Teapills (Shen Tong Zhu Yu Wan) – (SPECIAL ORDER – Allow 10 – 14 Days to Ship)
$26.60Add to Cart
- Healthy Joint Combo (Xiao Huo Luo Dan) – by Lao Wei$8.66 Add to Cart