Yunnan Baiyao Dosage for Humans:
- For wounds by knife, gunshot or traumatic injury, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, take with warm water.
- For wounds with stagnated blood, swelling and pain, disease of gynecopathy, take with wine.
- For initial stage of venomous sore, administer a dosage of 0.25g and apply on infectious area with a portion of Yunnan Baiyao Powder mixed with wine. Do not apply Yunnan Baiyao Powder on suppurative sore.
- For slight injury and other internal hemorrhage symptoms, administer Yunnan Baiyao Capsule orally.
Oral Administration Dosage:
1-2 capsules each time, 4 times daily. (for 2-5 years old children take 1/4 of dosage; 6-12 years old take 1/2 of dosage)
Take insurance pill (the red pill) for severe traumatic injury.
Yunnan Baiyao Dosage for Dogs:
Yunnan Baiyao should be used only after consultation and in cooperation with your dog’s veterinarian.
How much to give? These are general guidelines:
- For dogs under 10 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth one time a day.
- For dogs from 10 to 30 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth two times a day.
- For dogs above 30 but less than 60 lbs, give 2 capsules two times a day.
- For dogs above 60 lbs, give 2 capsules three times a day.
**NOTE: Do not give Yunnan Baiyao on an ongoing basis. It is best to give it on alternating days, or for a 5-day on, 5-day off cycle that repeats. There is some possible evidence that this medicine may elevate liver markers if given daily for prolonged periods of time.
1 package contains 16 Capsules, plus one “magic” Red Capsule (traditionally used internally for emergencies.)
Each capsule is 25mg or .25g